Monday, April 5, 2010

A fresh start

I've been meaning to do it for months but I've finally got around to doing it today.


Wewantrelic is one I've never used but was given to me some time ago



Been a long time coming


I don't really feel sad or happy about it. Darklords Domain are a good group of guys but I'm not just not feeling it anymore. Been in the shell for almost a year and the relic I joined it to get I'll probably never get (Darn you THF hands!!!!). Not to mention attendance has been pretty poor for awhile. When I joined the shell we were loaded with BLMS and WHMS. Our last Dynamis run had like 2 of each, with me being one of the WHMs... Plus, we are rumored to be switching to 7 days a week for awhile at work so I won't be able to attend anything for awhile anyway if that happens (please shoot me). So, out with the old I guess.

I'm not jumping to another shell, at least not at the moment. I may do a Dynamis run with Wewantrelic this weekend but I won't know until I find out which one they are doing and know if I feel like attending. My hope is that they'd be doing Valkrum or Qufim so I can get one step closer to Tavnazia access.

As for what I've been doing in game it's pretty much been Trials of the Magians. I picked the Dagger, Peeler, and embarked on the Dakini with 34 DMG, 190 Delay, 4 STR, and 12 ATT (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/File:Trial021.png) quest line. I was pretty tempted to go after the evasion version to help with farming but then my primal need to hit harder took over. I also considered the 2x attacking dagger but there is no way I'm camping all the NMs so I'll have to pass on that for now.

The first trial was to kill 100 rabbits (trial 16) in pretty much any kind of weather. I knew the Boyahda tree almost always had water or lightning weather so I went out there. I was pretty surprised when I killed the first mob and the game actually told me how many rabbits I had left. Where the heck has this feature been for the last 8 years!? The kills were pretty slow going until I finally managed to get a party with Sigrid and Streak. Streak left pretty early but Sigrid and I kept killing stuff for awhile and I was able to pick up the last few mobs on my own in the morning.



Sigrid was JP and liked calling me Cat Boss in auto translate


The next trial was for killing 100 crabs in fire, light, lightning, or wind weather. I wasted a good chunk of time trying to find a new zone with one of these weather effects but when I get to then the effect would never take place. So, I ended up just going back to the tree and slowly killing 100 crabs all by myself ; ;. Luckily I finally started playing Final Fantasy XIII again which gave me something to do while waiting for the weather effects to change.

For trials 19-20 I went to Cape Terrigan. Sadly but unsurprisingly the fire weather that I needed never activated so I ended up waiting to firesday to start killing the 100 mobs. Luckily I was able to team up with Yuumin for two firesdays in a row to get my kills pretty quickly. Which leads me to trial 20 which I'm currently on. I need to kill 100 crabs in fire weather or on firesday. I've been able to get zero help on this one so it's been just me and my NPC wacking away at crabs. I currently only have 48 to go. I was hoping to get half of that taken care of this morning and the rest on Tuesday but maintainece has reared its ugly head so that won't be happening.

Guess that's about it. I didn't do any Assaults last week. I did do another Odin run and got the earring with 7 ATT and 3 Store TP (bye bye spike earring). I tried to get another amulet so that I could get the torque but I ended up dying 3 times which pissed me off so I stopped. I'm going to toss the link to episode 22 here at the bottom. I should have put it up a week ago but hey, I'm me.

Show number 22!

1 comment:

Amado Bustos said...

Nice... So now that the level cap is 99 (or has that happened yet?) is it super difficult to get to 99? Or did they adjust the XP so that it wouldn't be so bad?